[AG-DEV] Vic Video Device Conflicts

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Tue Jul 22 12:11:27 CDT 2008

Douglas Kosovic wrote:
> Hi Todd,

> With the AG 3.2 RPMs was bundling an AG 3.1 version of VideoProducerH264 & VideoConsumerH264 and wasn't bundling any VideoServiceH264.
>
> I've put up new AG 3.2 RPMs with the latest H264 services and are available here:
> http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/fedora/development/RPMS/

Thanks.  Yes, I had grabbed the VideoServiceH264 from svn ;-)

> You might like to try forcing the bttv device to be /dev/video1 in /etc/modules.conf, e.g:
>   options bttv video_nr=1
>
> for your webcam, try a modinfo on it's kernel module, hopefully it has either a index or video_nr param.

I'll try those suggestions, but should clarify something.  This isn't a case of the devices
switching names - the cameras are consistently getting the same/correct device names (webcam =
video0 and bttv = video1) - and even Vic is reporting the correct device at thumbnail BUT it is
grabbing the wrong device.  The attached screenshot should show the issue better.

Email for clarification.

Cheers,

Todd