[AG-DEV] Vic Video Device Conflicts

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Mon Jul 21 11:06:36 CDT 2008

Hey All,

Doug, thanks for the last fix - large vic is working much better now.

However I'm having another issue involving multiple capture devices.

My setup is Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 on /dev/video0 running under a VideoService and a Hauppage
Wintv BT878 based card running on /dev/video1 running under a VideoServiceH264 (I'd use a
VideoProducerH264 service but for some reason it doesn't prompt me for which dev resource to use...)

Sometimes this setup works fine, other times not so much.  No matter what 'start priority' I put on
the services, sometimes the VideoService steals /dev/video1.  Unfortunately, /dev/video0 doesn't
even come up as an option on the vic device menu on the VideoService, so I can't even manually
change it back.  The VideoServiceH264 also tries to use /dev/video1 but obviously ends up with no video.

Not sure if I explained this clearly, but any suggestions would help.

cheers,

Todd