[AG-DEV] Creating a new venue with static addressing via commandline

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 23 22:33:09 CDT 2008

Lester:

You have two options:

- When creating the Venue, you can include stream descriptions for your
streams, setting the 'static' attribute.

- After creating the Venue, you can call
VenueIW(venueUrl).AddStream(streamDescription) for each stream you want
to add.  In this case, too, you'll want to set the static attribute in
the stream description(s).

If you want the VenueServer/Venue to allocate the stream addresses, then
you can call VenueIW(venueUrl).AllocateMulticastLocation.  Note that
this only allocates the address, it does not add it to the Venue streams.

Tom