[AG-DEV] Running the Access Grid software on Fedora 8

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Fri Nov 9 07:58:51 CST 2007

G'day all (apologies for any cross posting)

I thought I would write this brief email to highlight a couple of things
in regards to running the Access Grid software on Fedora 8.

*         I am currently writing a installation guide for Fedora 8
(listed on the AG website) that still requires a lot of work;

*         There are some issues with using the new "PulseAudio", in
which may cause the AG software to not work initially.

*         The current support for Fedora 8 is for i368 (Thanks Doug for
making this happen so soon);

Therefore, my advice for anyone considering upgrading to Fedora 8 would
be to wait a little longer, as there are some current issues we are
currently trying to sort out.

I have managed to install and get working the AG software on Fedora 8,
but due to running out of time, I haven't had a chance to document all
of the issues that I have already come across!  I am hoping to document
and highlight any potential issues by early next week.

I would be happy to receive any comments from those who cannot wait on
issues you had and how you over came these problems.

Thanks for your time,

Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.

B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer

Information Technology Division

Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer

Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au

Phone : 07 4930 9229

Patience is a virtue.