[AG-DEV] Node-listing data, course of action

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Thu May 31 00:46:17 CDT 2007

G'day all

Progressing with the sharing of node-listing data, particularly in
regards to the QA process, may I suggest the following comments:

*	Currently it appears that only the UK people have the need for
their own DB/system;

*	With this in mind, I will proceed with QA'ing nodes and regional
testers so that the AG's quality can be improved;

*	Given that the UK's AG already has their own QA process, it
won't matter if the "integration" takes a little time;

*	What we will need currently, is to ensure that the Global QA
test satisfies the AGSC QA test.  So when the integration occurs, there
will be standardization and no major changes will need to apply.
Therefore, I would like some feedback on the current state of the QA
process!

*	Whilst the QA'ing of nodes, etc, a parallel task on
investigating how to integrate the AGSC data and node information that
satisfies all parties will begin...  Do I have any volunteers from the
AGSC team to assist with this task?  Tom, any chance for your assistance
with this as well???

Does everyone agree with this plan of action???

If need be, I would be happy to meet over the AG to discuss.  I would
even make it to one (late night) session so that I can have people from
UK, US and Australia attend.

Thanks for your time,
Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Phone : 07 4930 9229

Patience is a virtue.