[AG-DEV] 2.4 Shared App Not Logging

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Sep 8 04:00:36 CDT 2006

Hi Todd,

> The shared app will properly create a log file - and the EventClient,
> Toolkit.py and
> CertificateManager.py will log to the file; however, the SharedApp itself
> doesn't log to it.
>
> I've tested with my SharedDesktop, SharedPDF and SharedPresentation and
> all seem to exhibit the same
> behavior.
>
> Can someone confirm that I'm not just having a post-summer hallucination?

In SharedPresentation.log, I have the following lines:
----
09/06/2006 08:19:40 AM -1336112224 SharedPresentation
SharedPresentation.py:
1509 ERROR Can not load file
https://venues.ncsa.uiuc.edu:9006/000000fe4573426d008d008e0040000be78/GT-Audit%20%280.3%29.ppt 5
----

I don't see any non-error log info from SharedPresentation.py as I think
SharedPresentation.py needs to be started with the --debug or -d switch.

If you lanch the AG2.4 shared apps on the Fedora command-line, be sure to
set the PYTHONPATH env var to /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid2/
.

Cheers,
Doug.