[AG-DEV] Using gSOAP in the AG

Rhys Hawkins rhys.hawkins at anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 6 00:54:01 CDT 2006

Hi,

AG SOAP interopability came up in the Asia-Pacific Townhall this morning so for
people who are interested, I've put up some sample code that shows how to call
AccessGrid services from gSOAP here:

  http://sheriff.anu.edu.au/~rhys/GSOAP/index.html

The test program just calls GetState on a Venue passed in on the commandline and
prints the state to stdout. The entire WSDL is parsed so this program could be
used as a template to do a whole lot more. I've left the reimplementation of
the VenueServer in gSOAP as an exercise for the reader.

Tested on Gentoo and Fedora Core 5 with gSOAP version 2.7.8c in both cases.
I had to patch gSOAP to compile with gcc4, patch is attached.

Cheers,
    Rhys