[AG-DEV] Segmerntation fault with SharedPresentation

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Mar 21 23:35:01 CST 2006

Hi Claus,

> The version of OpenOffice I am running is current for FC4 as of
> last week, 2.0.1.1-5.1. An attempt to upgrade to the version in
> the "development" repository fails due to unresolved dependencies.

Possibly adding a time.sleep(1) call before the
com.sun.star.bridge.UnoUrlResolver line in
/etc/AccessGrid/SharedApplications/Shared_Presentation/ImpressViewer.py
might solve the problem. As I'm not able to reproduce the bug, I can't
confirm.

> Should I try everything under FC5?

I don't know if that would help.

> I could not find anything in OpenOffice bugzilla that would indicate a
> fix.

Fedora doesn't use the OpenOffice.org version, but the one from
http://ooo.ximian.com/ which is what most linux distrbutions that ship
OpenOffice use, it consists of a heap of patches that get applied to the
official OpenOffice.org version, then the Fedora version applies more
patches on top of those. I thought one of the patches included the mutex
patch, but looks like I was mistaken.

The only other alternative I could think of is to download the OpenOffice
SRPM and manually applying the GlobalMutex fix to the PyUNO source code,
unfortunatelly building OpenOffice is a bitch as it has a weird build
infrastucture.

Cheers,
Doug