[AG-DEV] Segmerntation fault with SharedPresentation

Claus Endres claus at endresconsulting.com
Tue Mar 21 20:20:04 CST 2006

Hi Doug,

The version of OpenOffice I am running is current for FC4 as of
last week, 2.0.1.1-5.1. An attempt to upgrade to the version in
the "development" repository fails due to unresolved dependencies.
Should I try everything under FC5?

I could not find anything in OpenOffice bugzilla that would
indicate a fix.

Regards,
Claus.

Douglas Kosovic wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>

>> When trying to Open a SharedPresentation, ImpressViewer.py
>> dies with a segmentation fault in resolver.resolve(..).
>>
>> Operating System: Fedora Core 4 i386 smp
>> Hardware: AMD64-X2 dual core
>> Access-Grid 2.4-6
>>
>> The stack is exactly like described in
>> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=31824 titled
>> "XUnoUrlResolver crashes while resolving a URL".
>>
>> The solution for the problem in the post, which shows the
>> crash using C++, is to obtain a GlobalMutex.
>>
>> This would obviously be different under python.
>>
>> Can anybody help? This is a show-stopper for shared presentations.
>

> Have you updated your copy of OpenOffice? I believe later versions of
> the PyUNO bridge are already using a osl::MutexGuard with that method
> call. I don't think the OpenOffice mutex infrastructure is visible from
> with Python.
>

> Cheers,
> Doug

Claus Endres                | Phone:  +61-3-5998 2310
Endres Consulting Pty. Ltd. | Mobile: +61-418-595 136
10 Facey Road               | Fax:    +61-3-5998 2540
Devon Meadows, VIC 3977     | claus at endresconsulting.com