[AG-DEV] Getting more than one service stream

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 13 09:42:45 CST 2006

Hi Derek:

You should find that the ConfigureStream method is called for each
stream.  Given that your service needs access to each of these streams,
you would have to collect them as they come in.  The default behavior
of services is to expect a single stream, so only one is stored; your
service would be a specialization of this behavior.

An alternative, which I think I'd prefer, is that the recorder be integrated
as a stand-alone application instead of a service.  It could, on command, find
the running
VenueClient (see bin/GoToVenue.py for details) and make SOAP calls to
it to get the list of streams, or even the venue URL if you wanted to make calls
directly there.  You might want to do the latter, because the venue client's
list of streams is dependent on services that the user has installed, so the
streams you get from it may be a subjective subset of those in the venue.

I've been wanting to talk with you about integration of agvcr.  I'm glad to see
you're doing it.

Tom