[AG-DEV] Using webservices in AG3.0 - How?

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Thu Jan 12 07:48:43 CST 2006

I am currently trying to use methods implemented in the Venue on the
VenueServer-side in AG3.
With the new AG3 version the "self.venueClient" seems to be the only
access point to the webservice methods of the Venue.
In AG2.4 you used a "self.__venueProxy" to access them which made it
necessary to have the webservice methods defined in the interface
classes "VenueI" and "VenueIW". As they don't exist anymore, is there
something that has to be obbeyed calling webservice methods through the
VenueClient object? Are the Venue methods automatically available
through the VenueClient class, so I can access them like

self.venueclient.myNewWebserviceMethodImplementedAtTheServer()

? Or do I have to prototype the method in the VenueClient first so it
becomes available in the VenueClient?

Thanks in advance
Michael

--