[AG-DEV] Gentoo ebuilds for AG3 beta

Rhys Hawkins Rhys.Hawkins at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 1 16:10:32 CST 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to put together some ebuilds for the AG3beta and
have some issues:

1. AG3 installs itself to /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AccessGrid3
and the VenueClient fails to import AccessGrid.*. Adding the above
directory to the PYTHONPATH environment variable fixes this but is
there a better way to do this?

2. How have other distributions dealt with installing the VenueClient.py
exe (and the rest) alongside AG2.4. Install as VenueClient3.py?

3. Which version of mDNS have others tested against. I am getting
errors coming from the pyBonjour module which I didn't see before
when testing the CVS version a short while ago.

4. When trying to connect to the venue server, I get an exception
triggered by:
    from xml.dom.ext.reader import PyExpat
Is this meant to come from one of the dependencies or is my python
version too old?

5. The ZSI I have (CVS from 29th) installs the wsdl interface
generators without the .py extension which breaks the GenerateInterfaces
script.

Cheers,
    Rhys