[AG-DEV] AG3 Shared App Migration - EventID

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 30 17:02:34 CDT 2006

On 8/30/06 12:48 PM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:
> Thomas D. Uram wrote:
>
>> If this suggestion doesn't address the problem you're running into,
>> let us know.
>>

> Well, actually I'd really like the PublicID of the sender.  I used to send it along in the data as
> part of a tuple - but alas, can't do that anymore.
You may be able to send a list instead of a tuple, depending on the type
of objects you are sending.  We will
describe this in more detail in developer docs shortly.
> I could change my code to map to the eventID's I
> suppose, but would really rather stick with the user's public id.

The public id is embedded in the event so you don't have to send it
yourself.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're using it for?
> Your response prompts more questions (as usual... heh).  Is there any (future) reason to not use
> Public ID?  Is this a permanent change (event.GetSenderId returning the PublicID)?  Is there another
> (read: better) way to get the public ID from the event?

It is a permanent change.  I suggested comparing with the
SharedAppClient.eventClient.id because this will
allow your app to work with any of the AG3 releases.  When 3.0 and 3.0.1
can be safely ignored, you can
compare against the user's public id without concern for this
(historical) problem.

Tom