[AG-DEV] Potential bug in agpm or Node management?

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 21 14:17:49 CDT 2006

We've always named service packages with a '.zip', and have
been moving toward letting them be named either 'zip' or 'agpkg'
(or 'agpkg3' in AG3).  The service manager, however, only looks for
service packages with a 'zip' extension.  So, when you ran
agpy against the agpkg3 file, it did actually install it; it just wasn't
picked up by node management.

I've committed a fix to AGServiceManager.py so that it will
pick up agpkg or agpkg3 extensions also.

Meanwhile, the workaround is to use 'zip' for service
packages.

Tom