[AG-DEV] Custom Node Service Enabling/Disabling Problem

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Mon Aug 14 11:45:41 CDT 2006

Thomas D. Uram wrote:
> I think the core problem was that the default value for rate was 'None'

Agreed.  And Michael - your fix did work, However, I hadn't implemented that portion of your code.
I was just trying to implement the parts referring specifically to the unicast service model;
apparently, I should have checked the rest.  ;-)

> Michael:  When you refer to changes you've made, are these in local code?

These changes are in local code and are concerning having services that utilize a unicast address by
default (Michael spoke at the retreat about this).  We could really use these changes implemented in
general.  The basic requirements (imo) are to have the ability to have services that are
client/server based. (unicast server) - specifically when one of the participants is hosting /
facilitating the service (meaning the unicast server address may not be known until immediately
before the service becomes available).

If I understand it correctly, Michael's Covise service will send the master user's IP address to the
 VenueServer to be set as the service Unicast IP, which is then distributed to the other
clients/participants.  Our plan is similar; however, the Shared Visualization producer will manually
set the address of the visualization server - which will then be propagated through to the
visualization consumer/clients.

I'll let Michael give you the details of his implementation; however, I would like to give a vote
for implementing this feature into the main code.

Any thoughts/opinions on implementing this would be great!

Cheers,

Todd