[AG-DEV] AGExternService in AccessGrid 2.4

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Tue Nov 15 09:03:09 CST 2005

I am currently trying to write a service with the new AGExternService
which has been introduced with AG2.4
Yet I seem not to be able to derive my service from this class. As sonn
as I do this, I get the following error, upon execution:

C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\hpcbrait\Anwendungsdaten\AccessGrid\local_services\AGGenLibProducerService>AGGenLibProducerService.py
55000
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\hpcbrait\Anwendungsdaten\AccessGrid\local_services\AGGenLibProducerService\AGGenLibProducerService.py",
line 30, in ?
    class AGGenLibProducerService( AGExternService ):
TypeError: function takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)

However I am able to start my service when derived from AGService.

My service constructor looks like the following:

class AGGenLibProducerService( AGExternService ):
    def __init__( self ):
        AGExternService.__init__( self, true)

        self.capabilities = [Capability( Capability.PRODUCER, "GENLIB" )]

        if Platform.IsWindows():
            genlib = "GenLibServer.exe"
        else:
            genlib = "GenLibServer"

        self.executable = os.path.join(os.getcwd(), genlib)

        # Turn off firewall for this app
        self.sysConf = SystemConfig.instance()

Python complains at the first line "class AGGenLib...." with above
mentioned error which seems to be caused by the implementation of
AGExternError.
Is this related to the AGExternErrrorI interface only having a
constructor "init(self, impl)" where the boolean value for switching
between unicast and multicast is missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Michael

--