[AG-DEV] Error 2.4 client connecting to 2.3 server

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 29 08:28:09 CDT 2005

I installed AGtk2.4 without removing AGtk2.3 on my client machine.  It's
WinXP on an IBM Thinkpad.  So perhaps that was a mistake, but I like
messing with things like that...  ;-)

Anyways,  I now am seeing the reconnect over and over behavior that I
had seen previous to 2.3.  The client continuously tries to reconnect
and the venue gets populated with hundreds of instances of my client
name.  Here's the traceback:

C:\>"c:\Program Files\AGtk-2.4\bin\VenueClient.py" --personalNode
*** Method NodeService:SetStreams exception ****************************
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\SOAPpy\Server.py", line 408, in
do_POST
    fr = apply(f, ordered_args, named_args)
TypeError: SetStreams() got an unexpected keyword argument 'item'
<Fault SOAP-ENV:Server: Method Failed: NodeService:SetStreams>
*** Method NodeService:SetStreams exception ****************************

Would this be caused by my installation procedure or is there something
more going on here?

MYK

--
Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Video Technology Services
Persistent Infrastructure Directorate
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even more." -Paul Debevec