Fw: [AG-DEV] Filenames, Manifests and the DataStorage

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 15 10:25:23 CDT 2005

Michael:

The manifest is created on the client side.  The bulk of the client-side
code that you want to look at is in HTTPUploadEngine.UploadFiles; you
can see there the construction of the manifest, upload of the manifest,
and upload of the file(s).  Any changes you want to make to manifest
creation would have to be made here, in constructManifest.

The server side is straightforward, but only if you understand the
structure of the Python HTTPServer.  The details you need to be
concerned about are in HTTPTransferHandler.do_POST.  Looking at this
method, you can see that the call to AddPendingUpload occurs on the
server side in ProcessManifest.

Tom