[AG-DEV] args for AddSubjectToRole

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 5 16:55:26 CDT 2005

The AGtk API states:
||AddSubjectToRole|
<http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/documentation/developer/api/public/AccessGrid.Security.AuthorizationManager.AuthorizationManagerIW-class.html#AddSubjectToRole>(self,
subj, role)

I understood the DN and Subject to be the same thing, in fact comparing
what I see listed as the Subject when viewing the cert in the
CertificateManager and what is printed from:

print participant.GetDistinguishedName()

they are equal.  Yet when I try this:

self.am.AddSubjectToRole(participant.GetDistinguishedName(), EUrole)

The server complains that the Subject is invalid:
*** Method
Venues:000001057e445360008d008e00420092d61:Authorization:AddSubjectsToRole
exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/SOAPpy/Server.py", line 407, in
do_POST    fr = apply(f, ordered_args, named_args)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/Security/AuthorizationManager.py",
line 775, in AddSubjectsToRole
    role.AddSubject(subject)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/Security/Role.py",
line 195, in AddSubject
    raise InvalidSubject
InvalidSubject

So what am I doing wrong?

--
Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Video Technology Services
Persistent Infrastructure Directorate
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even more." -Paul Debevec