AG 2.3 Packaging

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 11 10:08:59 CDT 2004

Sorry to jump in and out on your thread, here's new information:

This turned out to not be tom's call. 0.11.5 introduced logging bugs in the
wstools submodule. We had to backrev, and patch SOAPpy. That means we're
using stock 0.11.4 SOAPpy but with the single bug fix for the format string
in the Server.py module I believe.
> []
> >
> > Epydoc errors are not worrisome. Annoying but not
> worrisome. To fix it
> > means requires re-arranging the order of the build and
> making sure the
> > PYTHONPATH is set to the dist dir. This was being done correctly
> > previously, but someone (to rename nameless :-), commented out the
> > epydoc because it took too long. Now we need to make sure it works
> > again, or not include autogenerated docs. This doesn't affect the
> > operation of the toolkit however.
> >
> Yes and No.
>
> After many problems with the globus flavors, a build with
> flavor=gcc32pthr generated harmless errors. When I rejigged
> the build environment to accept a flavor=gcc32dbgpthr, the
> epydoc command blocked the rest of the build.
>
> Commenting out the epydoc command allowed the build to
> continue; so did a chdir to DestDir and creating the
> doc/Developer directory before calling the epydoc command.
> I'm not sure what the connection is with the globus flavor, but ...

We can comment out the epydoc stuff again, perhaps we should have a separate
GenDoc.py anyhow.

> So I have a build which produces the errors:
> ERROR: Couldn't find a valid proxy.
>

> ERROR: Couldn't read proxy from:
> /etc/AccessGrid/Config/CAcertificates/1c3f2ca8.0
>

> ERROR: Couldn't find a valid proxy.
>

> ERROR: Couldn't read proxy from:
> /etc/AccessGrid/Config/CAcertificates/45cc9e80.0
>

> ERROR: Couldn't find a valid proxy.
>

> ERROR: Couldn't read proxy from:
> /etc/AccessGrid/Config/CAcertificates/d1b603c3.0
>

> ERROR: Couldn't find a valid proxy.
>

> ERROR: Couldn't read proxy from:
> /etc/AccessGrid/Config/CAcertificates/f18fa857.0
>

> These errors prevent me managing my node, so no media
> streams. When I can get to a machine I'll try Doug's idea of
> obtaining a new anonymous cert, although I'm seeing this
> error even with my regular cert too.

This sounds like you don't have the anonymous ca cert. I wonder if it's
getting left out of the package somehow. I believe Tom added it to cvs.

I'm almost certain I did not add it to the windows installer (which would be
a mistake, sigh).