Fwd: Testing Access Grid node (fwd)

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Nov 30 18:30:26 CST 2004

Linux kernel-2.6.7 (and later) exposed problems with many firewalls and
routers not handling TCP window scaling correctly. It might be the problem
in this case.

See the following for more details and a workaround:
 http://lwn.net/Articles/92727/

We had to reconfigure our fire wall to reconstruct TCP headers so that Linux
kernel-2.6.7 clients could view our website. Web browsers would receive a
partial download and hang or take a really long time.

Doug