hsotname stuff

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 26 14:50:07 CST 2004

At 02:33 PM 3/26/2004, Ivan R. Judson wrote:

> [...]

Yes, if we change the instances of systemconfig.gethostname to
globusconfig.gethostname.

> > Another related issue is this:
> >
> >          s = ThreadingGSISOAPServer(addr, config = self.config)
> >
> > that is, the creation of the servers passing in the current
> > hostname. I suspect that if the constructor is working
> > properly, we will find that such a server would only listen
> > on one interface of a multihomed computer.
>
>That is the correct behavior, or there's a modification that we need to make
>to make it correct?

I don't think that would be the correct behavior; if I was running such a
service, unless I wanted it to I'd assume it was listening on all
interfaces. I think the right thing is to not pass a hostname in, which
would make the listener take the default behavior of listening on all
interfaces.

--bob