globus worries

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 29 18:01:40 CST 2004

I determined today that we've not actually been getting encryption on our
globus data connections, only the default of integrity checking, despite
the easy misreading of the docs that would imply that GSS_WRAP means
encrypted connections.

The larger problem is that it appears that under the old winglobus turning
on encryption causes authentication errors.

Can someone with a pyGlobus built against the latest winglobus please try
the attached client and server? just run testserv.py, then testcli.py on
the same machine.

thanks,
--bob