pyGlobus features needed

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 21 10:10:09 CST 2004

Ivan wanted me to send this out for today's discussion with Keith..

The things that were added to the older pyGlobus that we depend on include
support for programmatically creating proxies, including the passing of
passwords into the gpi function.  The primary patch for this can be seen here:

http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/pyGlobus/src/sslutils.i.diff?r1=1.4&r2=1.5

but the latest code at

  http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pyGlobus/src/sslutils.i?rev=1.11

has the various fixes that were required after the initial patches.

The related addition is the return of any underlying SSL or Globus errors
as python exceptions instead of error codes or printed error messages. the
primary patch that added those is here:

http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/pyGlobus/src/sslutils.i.diff?r1=1.10&r2=1.11

A minor change was the addition of the exposure of globus_libc_getenv and
_setenv, in order to support runtime setting of GLOBUS_HOSTNAME:

http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/pyGlobus/src/util.i.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.1.1.1&r2=text&tr2=1.4&diff_format=h

--bob