icons

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Sat Aug 21 03:36:53 CDT 2004

Hi Guys,

> There is an ag-ellipse.png icon in packaging/linux contributed by Doug
> Kosovic (Doug, did you make that icon or convert it from somewhere else?).
> It's the icon that some of the linux packages (fedora at least) are using.

I did that one with MS Word's WordArt package, it was fairly trivial to do.
But I had to then edit it with a paint program to extend the tail of the
right edge of the italic 'A' character. I was never really satisfied with it
because the right edge wasn't straight.

But, you can see various AG icons I did with Adobe Illustrator here:
  http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~douglask/agicons/

It's just a bit of variation of using/not using drop-shadows, gradient fills
and 3-D perspective.

I didn't crop the transparent background PNG files to a particular size, so
it's whatever Adobe Illustrator exported them as.

When I received CVS access, I was going to replace the ag-ellipse.png file I
did with WordArt with AG-ellipse4.png.

Cheers,
Doug