For the brave...

Paul Mercer mercer at arsc.edu
Mon Aug 16 13:50:38 CDT 2004

Justin

Here is what I did:

I downloaded the AG install package and installed it on a mac laptop,
tibook, running 10.3.4.

Installer worked fine.

Upon starting venue client I got a window that indicated there was no cert.

I set up my profile when asked.

Exported the cert from another node to a usb jump drive.

After venue client stated I imported my cert from the usb jump drive
using the Certificate Manager.

The venue client shows all participants in the venue and I am able to
navigate between venues.

I set the Node URl to https://localhost:11000/NodeService.

I'm not able to navigate to manage my node. From the  preferences
pull down menu,  I select "manage my node", choose
https://localhost:11000/NodeService and click OK.
I then get Node Management Error window...Can not open node
management at https://localhost:11000/NodeService.

I upgraded to 10.3.5

Restarted Venue Client

I added a test doc to data and removed it.

Are there audio and video services to add (vic and rat or others?)?
I couldn't find them if they were installed.

Finally I quit and restarted the Venue Client.  Cert was still good,
didn't have to reenter the cert passphrase and my profile was still
intact.

I have two students working on the video and audio along with Eric
Olson and Ivan.

If I can be of more help in getting ag ported to os x please ask.

Paul