IPv6

Caren Litvanyi litvanyi at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 13 17:07:55 CDT 2004

The 2621 will do v6.  I'd need to compare its performance capabilities
with your needed average packet-per-second rate, though.  I bet it
is not able to handle much, but I am not sure.
The question is, who do you want to talk to?  If you literally only
want *within* a lab, no router is needed.  We create a vlan for you,
and you play in that isolated vlan sandbox.  The switches won't care.
When you want to test v6 AG (or any other app), with another site,
well, then we have some planning and work to do.  Getting from here
to there is what requires infrastructure upgrades, or, for the short-
term, engineering around the problem in one of several ways.
Also, don't forget infrastructure issues like supporting v6 in DNS.
Thanks,
Caren