IPv6

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 13 16:55:00 CDT 2004

Yeah, I meant a two phase approach at first:

1) IPv6 capability to the desktop (including but not limited to multicast)
to get porting done
2) IPv6 as a production capacity to the desktop (including but not limited
to multicast)

We can probably satiate some fraction of the users with #1, and make the
IPv6 people happy with it, but long term we are going to need #2 to be able
to support it and fix bugs, etc.

It seems like we should be pricing forklifts, no?

-Ivan