IPv6

Caren Litvanyi litvanyi at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 13 16:52:18 CDT 2004

That's IPv6 multicast?
Yup, IPv6 folks would love it.
And I've been a little embarrassed that coutries like Poland support
v6 multicast and we don't...  There's apparently apps actually being
used in Europe, but I don't know much about them, if they are AG-similar.
Supporting it across the network here at ANL is a problem; I'd probably
drag a vlan all the way up to MREN in Chicago and support it there.
It takes a pretty big forklift upgrade to our divisional and lab-border
infrastructure to support IPv6 and v6 multicast.
You may have been only talking code dev, but the word "network" was
in there... ;-)
Thanks,
Caren