FW: First implementation of Multi-source library in SSM networks announcement

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 8 11:20:34 CDT 2003

At 11:16 AM 9/8/2003 -0500, Ivan R. Judson wrote:

>I'm not sure the short path is the one we want in the long run, I think the
>discussion is still open as to what information is venue-based and what is
>client/node based.
>
>Ie, does each client/node keep a database of information about the
>senders/recievers it sees, or does that db live in the venue, and depending
>on where it lives, what are the interfaces to access and possibly modify the
>data in it.

I thought this was in the realm of the capability stuff that's already
there; I assume that that's why the IP address solution is trivial.

It would be good to be able to enable research into some of this SSM stuff
without having to go through a round of design discussion, especially if
it's trivial in the current framework.