KU Node

Mary Fritsch fritsch at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 3 11:01:32 CDT 2003

Ken,

The presentations/documentation will appear on the program pages related to
this AG Tutorial.  And yes, 2.1 is being covered.  Lisa moved out of the AG
group quite a while ago.  There is a whole development team that heads up
the current software release.  Feel free to check out the many new mailing
lists to accommodate your catching up too.  On Thursdays we offer testing
and general questions regarding 2.1, 10am Central timezone.

I am happy for your graduates.  More importantly, it is wonderful to see
you are bringing the AG back to life.  Go ahead and start by downloading
the new 2.1 software on your current setup (the two versions can co-exist),
or even on a spare single machine.  Then join us when you are ready or have
questions during our Thursday testing meetings.

The AG Tutorial taking place tomorrow will have portions of it broadcast
over the AG if you want to lurk as well...

Mary

At 10:39 AM 9/3/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Mary:
>

>Looking at the Futures Lab webpage, I see that you are running an Access
>Grid Toolkit Tutorial tomorrow and Friday, and that the registration is
>closed.  Too bad, but OK.  I assume that the release being covered is
>2.1.1?  I wonder if it would be possible to get either a url to ALL the
>documentation used or some other lead to the content? Also maybe you would
>suggest the name of someone (like Terry or Lisa) who would be wiling to
>spend a few minutes catching me up?
>
>I ask because I am starting a local project to revitalize the KU Access
>Grid activity after the graduation of our two best AG operators, the
>temporary refocusing of hardware priorities, and my own inaction for a few
>months.  I need to find our where the current ground zerois located.  Any
>suggestions you may have will be welcome.
>

>Voice out of recent past
>

>Ken Bishop

mary fritsch . futures lab . mcs . argonne national lab . 630 252 5297