Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 27 14:48:14 CDT 2003

____________________ATTENDEES
Attendees and their status of using AG 2.0 software:

Connecting with AG2:  BNL, NDSU(mcast issues), NCSA, and ourselves.)
Connecting with AG1:  LBNL, LANL, ANL/DSL

ANL
People running RC1 had problems moving from venue to venue (due to
recent server updates).  AG2 users in the AG1 mud were able to connect
once we gave them the venue url.  It's possible that AG2-rc1 users not on
the AG1 mud were not able to connect.  On Thursday, we'll post the venue url in
the reminder e-mail.

ANL/DSL
Just checking in with 1.0 to listen.  Don't have hardware available quite
yet to try out 2.0 (running redhat 6.2).

BNL
Was able to connect in 2.0 after receiving the server url.

LBNL
Mike and Lloyd from LBNL are having a problem with certificates.  They get
an error in the reverse lookup of their domain since they are using dhcp.
They go to network configuration (globus) and GLOBUS_HOSTNAME gets set,
but it must be incorrect/invalid since they can never get past this step.

LANL
Checking in using AG 1.0.  They have installed AG2, but haven't actually
tried it out yet.  They are busy with other hardware updates also.

NDSU
Jim was having a certificate problem, but had one certificate of the two
working.  One of Jim's certs was invalid (he mistyped one letter of the
required fields in a request).  Also, when trying his working cert on the
other computer, he didn't know to copy both usercert.pem and userkey.pem.
He will try to fix for Thursday.

NCSA
They could hear and see us -- we could not see or hear them.  My
experience with beacons is minimal, and a beacon wasn't running in the
library, so we weren't able to debug at the time.

QUESTIONS/CONCERNS

What is the timeline for releases, and was there a release last week?
   We're releasing on Friday.

Is AG2 compatible with the current bridging methods used in AG1?
   Tom: Not exactly, but AG2.1 will make bridging much easier.

Does AG2 work with DHCP?
   LBNL is getting an unresolvable hostname error somewhere dealing with
certificates, but they didn't give us detailed information on it yet.  I
told them we would be glad to help if they want to send us the error, but
they're going to work on it a bit more first.

What's that grey border on the camera windows?
   Shawn: You can get rid of it with "shift-s, shift-m, or shift-l"

How do I get the cvs code working?
   README-developers has information on this.

How do i get shared apps working (cvs) ?
   Not supported yet, but gave suggestsions.

Eric