Status on 2.0

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 12 10:23:08 CDT 2003

At 12:43 AM 5/12/2003 -0500, Ivan R. Judson wrote:
> > >- Robustifying Linux PersonalNode
> > >- Reliability for Linux PersonalNode
> >
> > I don't know of any current issues with the linux personal
> > node; it worked
> > fine in my testing. Anyone?
>
>The issues I ran into were basically installation stuff. The windows
>personal node was integrated entirely (including packaging), the linux stuff
>you added, but I had to do the packaging (which I probably didn't do a good
>job at since I hadn't done linux packaging before that).  It might be a
>matter of just cleaning up (or re-doing might be easier) the integration of
>the linux personal node with the packaging.

I've not looked at all on the linux desktop integration stuff, I think Ti's
the expert on that.

>PS -- I think the lack of the network wizard for linux and cert mgmt stuff
>might have also been culprits for perceived destabilization (see Dave S's
>note to ag-tech late last week); I know that's true for the network panel,
>dunno about the cert mgmt.

It's a harder problem on Linux, as it is less likely that the user is going
to be able to effect changes on the Linux side. However, we may be able to
do something with keeping the "right" hostname to be set in one of the AG
config files, and ensuring that the local process environment is configured
correctly before any calls are done. (something else for the app-init step).