Status on 2.0

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 12 00:43:43 CDT 2003

> >- Robustifying Linux PersonalNode
> >- Reliability for Linux PersonalNode
>
> I don't know of any current issues with the linux personal
> node; it worked
> fine in my testing. Anyone?

The issues I ran into were basically installation stuff. The windows
personal node was integrated entirely (including packaging), the linux stuff
you added, but I had to do the packaging (which I probably didn't do a good
job at since I hadn't done linux packaging before that).  It might be a
matter of just cleaning up (or re-doing might be easier) the integration of
the linux personal node with the packaging.

--Ivan

PS -- I think the lack of the network wizard for linux and cert mgmt stuff
might have also been culprits for perceived destabilization (see Dave S's
note to ag-tech late last week); I know that's true for the network panel,
dunno about the cert mgmt.