Status on 2.0

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 9 16:39:06 CDT 2003

>- I am catching exceptions as they get added to the code, a small comment
>in method's doc string would be very helpful to clearify which methods
>raises what exception and why.

Oh, good plan. (although that won't necessarily be all of the exceptions
that *could* be raised).

>* Merge "Edit" and "My Node" menu items into one called "Preferences"

that seems to work.

>* Make twist buttons show up in the tree on Windows

it seems a little strange to have each of the toplevel things be a folder
icon, as that implies "file" to me.

>* Exits take up too much space.
>Need to figure out a solution to this and I would like more feedback from
>users before I change to
>something else. One thought is to add exits to the menu instead of having
>them in the actual window.

That seems too far out of the way to me. I was thinking under the list of
stuff in the room, but then they might conflict with the dock. hmm.