current thoughts on toolkit initialization issues

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 8 15:50:59 CDT 2003

I forget the thing I asked about yesterday, but that might be what's
missing.

I'm very concerned that this is a significant amount of new stuff that
touches a lot of parts of the current code.  What is the minimal set of
things we *have* to do for 2.0 vs the best (most complete, etc) solution?

I think we need to do the minimal solution so we don't destabilize stuff,
for example I think making logging initialize more cleanly is a good idea,
but it is working now well enough.

Thoughts?