A few comments on exits

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 21 10:15:58 CST 2003

Susanne,

That sounds good, I'll check it out today.

As far as a map, I thought a lot about that and  what I am asking for is
just the ability to:

a) know where I came from, as in a special highlight or placement of that
exit
b) the ability to look ahead as I desire, giving me control of how much
information is displayed.

That can easily be accomplished if you:

1. Provide an indication on each exit that tells if it's room also has
exits.
2. Give me the ability to recursively open that room and see if it's room
also has exits. This would work like a windows explorer layout, giving the
user control of what levels are displayed, where to apply focus, etc.

These two simple things would  give the user complete control of locational
context, which is sorely lacking today. Navigation could be performed with a
sense of purpose and direction, not just random wandering through the
warren. This works regardless of the complexity of room interconnections
because it gives the user control of display.

Terry