A few comments on exits

Susanne Lefvert lefvert at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 21 09:14:40 CST 2003

I have changed the door icon to a smaller (but still very cute) image and
am trying to make the exits list more space efficient by having icon and
text next to each other instead of text being placed under icon.

I definitely think that we should try to figure out how users should be
able to find the venue they are looking for as easy as possible. However,
I personally have two concerns regarding the building of a UI map:

* In the real world, buildings etc are planned by an architect that
makes sure everything is going to be laid out properly. In our case we
have no rules on how to connect rooms to each other, it is a virtual
space, so mapping this in a UI will be hard. In the real world we can't
connect a room with 100 other rooms and expect it to work, as we can in
the virtual venue space.

* The dynamic nature of connections will make the creation of a map
difficult. The layout of rooms have to be made programmatically, and how
to make this look good, I don't know...

Susanne