AccessGrid/bin RunMe.py,1.1,1.2

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 12 09:25:16 CST 2003

> Ahem.

Frog in your throat?

> These processes are getting started asynchronously. I did not see the
> problem every time with the other ordering of the lines; I
> posit that we
> will not see the problem every time with this ordering of the
> lines either;
> I also posit that it will not work correctly every time.
>
> The real solution involves adding the proper interlocking so that the
> process that is dependent on the other running first either
> waits to start
> until the other is going, or that it probes more than once
> for the service
> that it believes should be running.

Great, reopen the bug and fix it. Recall I asked you to fix it before.

> Please also recall that the bugzilla archive is a public
> record. I do not
> find the comment there regarding this bug to be at all appropriate.

So noted, for the record, if you want me to keep frustrated comments out of
the public record, it's your responsibility to come talk to me about tasks
I've asked you to do. It's more inappropriate for you to silently reassign
them to someone else.

That being said, I'd like to hear about your progress on the GT2.2/2.0 stuff
that I asked you to work on last week.