Authorization, Interface and Implementation Update

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 10 10:58:50 CST 2003

I talked with keith for a few hours while at GGF on a few issues. The first
of which (because it impacts us _right_now_) I'm sending this note on.

We chatted about how they plan on supporting authorization. I think they've
chosen a nice clean way to do it and would like us to prepare to use it as
soon as it becomes available.

Essentially, they going to be making an authorization callback that has to
be defined on the service. Instead of them trying to decide what information
that callback will need, they are probably going to pass all the information
the underlying system has to the callback.

What this means for us is that we can keep focusing on building
implementation. They WSDL to Python tool they are developing will build the
interfaces. Plus, we get to encapsulate our authorization work into a single
callback that we can expose to the interface when the authorization code is
in place.

This is all good news. They are also going to be turning up the heat on
their requests for GT2.X in dll form to help point out the need for it. If
we can get that produced then Keith is willing to provide python modules
(for pyGlobus for a set of platforms that he can support) that incorporate
the GT2.X install.