A few comments on exits

Thomas Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 5 19:52:57 CST 2003

I think the spatial metaphor has value, but we shouldn't limit movement
in the venue space just for the sake of adherence to the spatial
metaphore, so I like the concept of "magical transport" (if only we
could break the physical world that way!).

As far as being able to see rooms beyond the one in which you are
present, I think we should construct some kind of map that we can use
internally to at least try to iterate toward something usable.  I know
there has been some effort at a map before, but as far as I can tell it
hasn't been "used", and this practical experience might be what we need
to develop the map idea.  In AG2, a user with a venue url can jump there
directly, so using a map requires no extra effort.

Tom, who needs to google for "rabbit warren"