A few comments on exits

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 5 13:34:44 CST 2003

I will file it as a feature enhancement.

As far as the spatial metaphor, having a map does not break a spatial
metaphor, it complements it. I am not a fan of the  current rabbit warren
model, I prefer the shopping mall or community model where I can see a
"you-are-here" map, find out what stores or activities are around, and at
least plot a course to my destination. Sometimes, since it's possible in our
world,  I would like to press a button and magically be transported there,
and sometimes I would like to take a leisurely walk. Either way, I want to
know where I am going, how to get there, and where I have been.

Terry