suggestions for renaming bin/VenueClient, etc.

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 9 14:52:37 CDT 2003

Are there any suggestions for the new name of bin/VenueClient ?  I agree
with Bob that it could be changed (and Ivan mentioned it with the
restructuring too) to reflect that it should only contain UI code.

* Is "GuiClient" descriptive enough or would we rather have wxClient or
wxGuiClient? (what sort of other clients are we expecting? web?
scheduler?)

* As long as we're on the subject, is CommandLineVenueClient also a good
name for the command-line version?

Please e-mail your ideas.  It's not extremely critical, but the fewer
times we move filenames in cvs the better (cvs doesn't handle it all too
well).  I'm assuming we would change the class name And the filename, but
let me know if you disagree.

* One more thing, Bob suggested a file to launch the client so people
wouldn't be typing "something.py".  Do we all agree that would be a good
idea -- if so, what's the best name for that?

Eric