[Globus] Reminder: GGF9 Workshop on Designing and Building Grid Services

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 25 21:00:08 CDT 2003

We might consider a draft of something with the pyGlobus folks, which is
aimed at the application/hosting interface (or current target for one).

Other possibilities include:

security overheads
service lifetimes
authorization frameworks (or lack thereof)
credential mgmt

Or these could all be points in a single document.

Outline Possiblity:

Designing and Building Grid Services: The Access Grid Toolkit
    Application Layer Description
    Grid Foundations
        Hosting Interface
        Security
            Transport Overhead
            Credential Management
            Authorization Solutions
     Results
        Performance
        Reuse
        Debugging
        Scalability
        Interop

Unfortunately, the only things that spring to mind are negative points,
which I don't necessarily want to present (it won't help our relationships).

--ivan