PIG

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 28 08:20:20 CDT 2002

At 10:24 PM 9/27/2002 -0500, Ivan R. Judson wrote:
>Do we have a single fixed UCL that can transmit and do direct X and
>auto-place and whatever other mods we've made?

I just committed the changes for this, along with one that allows more USB
cameras to work properly. (I'd build you a copy, but I didn't get DirectX
libs installed again on my laptop..)

I'm not sure who's built this stuff; the requirements for compiling include:

         Vis studio 6 (is what the workspaces are set up for, Brian did
some work under vs.net, the conversion was buggy and caused lots of
problems, but did eventually work).

         recent DirectX, with its directories added to the include and
library directory lists under Tools->Options (otherwise it'll find the
default directx libs that come with windows that don't include the features
we need)

         Intel jpeg library, Feh. Intel says this library is no longer
available. Looks like it's been replaced by their IPP library, which isn't
freely available. Sigh. Anyway, if we can't find/use IJL all it takes is
removing the jpeg assistor module (which it looks like I ended up doing in
the last checkin).

Hm, IPP price is $199, with no per-copy royalty for distributing the
redistributable parts.

--bob