PIG

Michael E. Papka papka at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 27 00:46:51 CDT 2002

Terry,

As I understand it, OM does not have encryption, we could see what it
would take to add it but that would steal time from funded work. UCL vic
is shipped with the pig, it work correctly on multiprocessor windows
boxes. This is a problem but I don't think there is a fast solution right
now. Maybe Ivan could chat with Larry on this or we could send mail to the
openmash list?

Mike

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Terry Disz wrote:

> Last week in Washington Mary Anne said she would like a PIG system for her
> office and asked if I would supply her with the requirements. As I was
> getting ready to do so, the issue of the OM vic not doing encryption came up
> on AG-TECH.
>
> I can't send her something that doesn't work securely in a secure room, so,
> I am wondering what the latest thoughts on this situation are.
>
> Does anyone know where we stand right now?
>
> Are there any plans to a) add encryption to OM or b) supply UCL vic with
> PIG?
>
> Terry

Michael E. Papka
Mathematics and Computer Science