arch and design mtgs

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 25 09:00:51 CDT 2002

The plan is to make it through until Monday to do this, that's the
challenge.

Ivan R. Judson .~. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson
Futures Laboratory .~.  630 252 0920
Argonne National Laboratory .~. 630 252 6424 Fax

> -Have you gotten a quickbridge volunteer?  I can ask NCSA.

No, that'd be great.

> -Who is presenting?

I guess I am; the PPTs are not made yet, indeed the content isn't done
yet. We need drafts of design documents by the end of tomorrow.

> -Will there be formal dppts?

If we can, yes, if not, we'll have to do something else.

> -Are we having attendees here other than MCS or onsite folk?

Not that I know of.

> -Will you be simply using your website and elaborate on
> agenda when it
> becomes solid for ag sites to follow?

Yes.

> -Shall I setup a webpage with information or AG registration? AG site
> registration?

That's fine, send me the url so I can put it on the page I've already
advertised.

> -We really need to test sites involved in a larger scale
> meeting or things
> are very chaotic?  Are you planning testing before this at
> all?

I don't have any plan to test; if that should be done, feel free to go
ahead and do it. My position is that we need to stop holding everyone's
hand so much and make them take some responsibility for their networks
and nodes.  This probably isn't the time to take that position, but I'm
tired :-).

> I know
> they are small blocks, but I could setup an extra hour
> beforehand for testing? -How many ANL nodes do you need
> dedicated to this again?

Just one; I don't care which.

> Let me know if I can help here.... (sorry if any of these
> questions were
> already answered)...or tell me to but out if you don't need
> anyone to node
> op for this.

This is fine, I'm glad you're paying attention.