Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 18 09:20:12 CDT 2002

There is an implicit (in that diagram) process of determining
requirements since we're constrained right now mostly by time. I'll
revise that to include the relevant explicit references as time allows,
but for now the 2.0 requirements are pretty simple.

. Data into/out of the venue
. Interactions from one user to all the users in the venue
. Services in the venue (which is what Voyager is, or a cluster, or ...)
. Capabilities negotation by the venue for nodes
. Node management

This lays the groundwork for us to get the rest of what we promised
delivered efficiently, if we build it correctly.

That being said, our requirements derive from use cases that will appear
in the 2.0 architecture document. These are selected from a larger set
of use cases that appear in the master plan. While these don't appear in
the docs currently, they are being integrated as we have cycles. Getting
the 2.0 arch/design done in 13 days is the priority, we have a good idea
of what's required to do that we just have to do that hard work and get
a design complete.

Ivan R. Judson .~. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson
Futures Laboratory .~.  630 252 0920
Argonne National Laboratory .~. 630 252 6424 Fax