Technology Choices: MOO vs Jabber vs Messenger

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 18 08:51:53 CDT 2002

> Does the jabber's multiple-server model fit with the AG as
> we're thinking
> about it now (offhand it seems like it does, would you site a
> jabber server
> coincidental with the venue service providers?

This would be the model I have, since the server architectures are
similar; but not identical. But it only makes sense if it doesn't make
the Venues design difficult.

> Do the jabber servers have a notion of user accounts, or
> could it use the
> venues mechanisms natively?

It's got an interface for getting account information from external or
internal sources, the external include LDAP and SQL at least, perhaps
others (I haven't looked recently).