[Fwd: Re: Tuesday Meeting Documents]

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 10 07:48:54 CDT 2002

Tom,

I'm sorry I can't be there today, because I think I need some face to face
discussion with you about the premise of the documents. I have thought that
Node Management meant managing the node - primarily the "core" resources
(audio, video, text), and providing these and other services *to* the
collocated users and exporting some to other nodes and users. By managing, I
mean more than just service configuration, which you do mention.

Instead, the document focuses primarily on users and how they login to the
node. Whether, and/or how users log into a node at all is a presumption
right now and bears some more discussion.

I look forward to talking to you about these issues.

Terry